Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Steve

Meaning no disrespect (truly) but I guess I've been having a little trouble understanding why, or maybe how, you so readily accept the ideas of Ayn Rand. She was an admitted atheist and forcefully argued against some of the most fundamental of Christian beliefs, including the morality of service to others and the concept of original sin, and stated categorically that she was opposed to faith. Moreover, she was a social Darwinist in the tradition of Frederich Nietzsche.

I have now started and deleted 4 posts regarding Ms Rand. But the truth is, I know why I don't like her philosophy and why it has no place in my own. However, I am frankly baffled as to how you fit it into yours - and that is the honest truth. Would you mind elaborating?

-Chris


No comments:

Post a Comment